Tablets are one of tech’s most versatile purchases. You can use them to watch films, send emails, browse the web, or even make music. If the size of your phone screen just doesn’t cut it and you don’t want a laptop, then a tablet is the perfect companion.
Apple isn’t the only name in tablets, though sometimes it seems like it. While manufacturers have slowed down their tablet-making over the past few years, there are still several great Android tablet options. If you’re integrated into the Android ecosystem already and mainly use Google apps, an Android tablet may be the best option for you.
No matter your use case, there’s an Android tablet for you — whether you’re looking for something for productivity, gaming, or anything else. This list outlines the best available Android tablets for 2021 so you can figure out which one will work best for you. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, which is packed with top-end specs, a beautiful display, and productivity chops, is our top pick.
There are many great tablets out there – iPads are obvious choices – but there are two best tablets that we’d recommend for you depending on your budget, needs, and taste in design.
Best Tablets With Fingerprint Scanner
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is headlined by an HDR-ready screen, four powerful speakers, and an upgraded S Pen that’s included in the box, although you’re going to have to pay for the keyboard. Just don’t expect Android to meet all of your 2-in-1 tablet needs next to a similarly priced laptop.
The Galaxy Tab S3 is easily the best Android tablet you can buy right now thanks to its all-glass design upgrade, future-proofed HDR-ready display, and included S Pen. It’s hardly a difficult call for us to make – other than the flawed Tab S4, the older Google Pixel C and the not-quite-as-premium Asus ZenPad 3S 10 are its only real challengers at a similar size.
The Galaxy Tab S3 is Samsung’s best travel-friendly 2-in-1 tablet that can pull off productivity – if you’re willing to pay for the separate keyboard. It’s thinner and lighter than the equally tempting 2-in-1 Samsung Chromebook Pro laptop, which doesn’t have a detachable keyboard and includes a smaller S Pen, and it finally gives the iPad Pro some meaningful competition.
- Design: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 touts a small but likable design upgrade over the Galaxy Tab S2, even if it’s easy to mistake it for Samsung’s year-and-a-half-old tablet from the front.
- Capable Stylus: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is an elegantly designed tablet that comes with a capable stylus.
- Portable Movie Theater: It’s a stylish, all-glass tablet with an impressively crisp and vibrant screen and four speakers, making it an excellent portable movie theater.
- HDR Ready Tablet: It’s also the first HDR-ready tablet, although there are a few asterisks to that bullet point.
- Keyboard: The keyboard attaches via a magnetic pogo-pin connection on the left edge of the tablet, folding over and propping up the tablet just like the iPad Pro 9.7in’s Smart Keyboard.
- Advanced S-Pen: As for the stylus, it’s Samsung’s most advanced S-Pen yet, with a smaller tip than ever, measuring just 0.7mm across.
- Display: The display delivered outstanding visuals with perfect brightness and color reproduction.
- Processor And RAM: The Galaxy Tab S3 has a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 4GB of RAM.
- Speakers: The Galaxy Tab S3 has quad stereo speakers that have been tuned by its own in-house audio experts at AKG.
- Battery: Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3 boasts a 6,000mAh internal battery. Samsung promises eight hours of Internet use time, 102 hours of continuous music playback, and up to 12 hours of video playback.
2. Huawei + Harman Kardon MediaPad Android Tablet
The Huawei MediaPad M3 is the best small and stylish Android alternative to the Apple iPad Mini 4. The Huawei MediaPad M3 is like a louder, more affordable Apple iPad Mini 4, that runs Android.
The stylish, aluminum-clad tablet bears a striking resemblance to the iPad Mini 4 ($389 at eBay) in design, and its performance is just as powerful, however, the Huawei tablet has better speakers and cheaper pricing — for both Wi-Fi only and LTE models. The Wi-Fi-only model will hit the US in December for $299. AU and UK pricing and availability have yet to be announced.
The Huawei MediaPad M3 is a small tablet. It’s slim, it’s light, and it’s handy – and the 4G version can even double as a gigantic phone, as long as you don’t mind all your calls coming out at speakerphone volume.
For years the MediaPad series has pootled along in the background, never winning the acclaim, or the sales figures, of a Samsung tablet or an iPad.
This is comfortably the sleekest MediaPad to date; however, by matching an ultra high-res screen with a so-so processor, Huawei has ensured that the M3 can’t keep up the demands of the prettiest games that well.
- Display: The MediaPad M3 is one of the handiest tablets on the market, with a display that measures 8.4 inches diagonally. The tablet uses Android 6.0.
- Viewing Angle: Viewing angles are respectable too, and you shouldn’t have to squint too much using it outside in the British sun.
- Size: The size of the MediaPad M3 does not differ significantly from that of its predecessor, as it measures 215.5 x 124.2 x 7.3 mm.
- Good Quality Materials: The tablet feels very stable thanks to the choice of materials, even when it is subject to a strong force or tensional distortion.
- Cameras: Huawei has equipped the MediaPad M3 with a pair of 8-megapixel cameras.
- Harmon Kardon Speakers: The speakers are a highlight. With dual Harmon Kardon certified speakers squeezed into the top and bottom edges, the M3 produces excellent sound, with oodles of volume on tap.
- Compact Tablet: The MediaPad M3 is Huawei’s compact tablet masterpiece. Not content with just taking third place behind Samsung and Apple, Huawei has built a compact tablet that is right up there with the best.
To Sum Up
When it comes to picking the best Android tablet for you, start by thinking about the apps you want. Nowadays people really want tablets with a fingerprint scanner. With a fingerprint reader, you can unlock your device easily without having to type in a password every time you want to unlock your tablet. By now, most fingerprint scanners are reliable and fast.
The above two mentioned tablets are the best tablets with a fingerprint scanner. I will recommend these two tablets to you.