Plenty of laptops, from budget to deluxe, are available in all sorts of shapes and sizes. But what do you buy when pretty much everything you do is online, you don’t need much in the way of software support, and you want to spend in the low hundreds, never mind the thousands? A Chromebook could be your answer.
We’ve also found quite a few Chromebook deals for those seeking savings on some of the best laptops you can buy. Those who prefer to work on a big display and full-size keyboard. Those who do not have to travel with the device, if they can help it. Those who would prefer a desktop replacement and, those who love the simplicity of the Chromebook interface.
All that being said, the best Chromebooks are great laptops. Many are convertibles, with touch screens that are ideal for Android apps (which are not as good when used with a mouse and keyboard alone). Here are five of the best big Chromebooks with 15 -inch displays.
|Acer 315 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Pentium or Celeron|
|Buy On Amazon|
|ASUS C523 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Pentium or Celeron|
|Buy On Amazon|
|Lenovo C340-15 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Core i3.||Buy On Amazon|
|Acer 715 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Core i3 or Pentium||Buy On Amazon|
|HP 15 Chromebook 15.6-inch Intel Core i3 or Intel Pentium||Buy On Amazon|
Table of Contents
1. Acer 315 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Pentium or Celeron
The included Chrome OS keeps this laptop’s price down without compromising its performance. It fares well in word processing and photo editing and has loud, clear audio.
The large 15.6-inch screen is ideal for watching TV and films on and it has a robust battery, lasting nine hours in our video playback tests and recharging in less than an hour and a half.
The entry-level Acer Chromebook 315 with 15.6-inch Full HD display. It is powered by a dual-core Intel Celeron N4020 processor with 4GB memory and 64GB eMMC storage. An option with touchscreen support is available.
- Display: 15.6″ HD ComfyView LED Display (1366 x 768) | Chrome OS
- Intel Celeron N4000 (1.10 GHz – 2.60 GHz) | Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 4GB LPDDR4 | 32GB eMMC | Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 5.0
- HD Webcam with dual speakers | Included Protective Sleeve
- Memory Card Reader | 2 x USB 3.1 | 2 x USB-C
- System ram type: DDR_DRAM
2. ASUS C523 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Pentium or Celeron – Best for Lightweight and Ultra Slim Body
When it comes to qualifying, ASUS never disappoints. The big 15.6-inch Full HD display with NanoEdge bezel makes this ASUS C523 Chromebook feels compact. Powered by either the quad-core Intel Pentium N4200 processor or the dual-core Intel Celeron N3350, 4GB memory, and 64GB eMMC storage come as standard.
And with up to 9 hours of battery life on a full charge, it will get you through the day without needing to look for a wall socket. There is no numerical keypad to speak of but we prefer this to the asymmetrical keyboard that comes with one and the offset touchpad.
- Display:6 inch HD 1366×768 Anti-Glare NanoEdge display features an ultra-narrow bezel with anti-glare coating to reduce reflections
- Durable: The HD display has a durable 180-degree hinge that can be laid flat to share content easily
- Performance: Powered by the Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz) for fast and snappy performance
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM; 32GB eMMC storage and USB Type-C (Gen 1) and Type-A ports
- Chrome OS: Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds, and continues to stay fast over time.
3. Lenovo C340-15 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Core i3 – Best for Versatility
For those looking for versatility and that big 15.6-inch display in their Chromebook, look no further, The Lenovo C340-15 is a convertible Chromebook with a large 15.6-inch Full HD display with touchscreen support.
This means you can use it in tablet, tent, presentation, or laptop mode with its 360-degree hinge. For processors, you have a choice of Intel Core i3 8130U or Intel Pentium Gold 4417U.
4GB DDR4 memory is standard and depending on the model you choose; you get either 32GB or 64GB eMMC storage. With up to 10 hours of battery life, it is enough to get you through the day. And, even with the touchscreen and foldable hinges, it weighs in at 1.98kg and measures 18.95mm thin.
- Unbeatable technology: This touchscreen laptop has a 10-hour battery life; up to 4GB DDR4 Memory and 64GB Flash Storage; Dual speakers and FHD IPS display for crystal-clear sound and graphics; 802.11 AC Wi-Fi support with Bluetooth 4.2 for stronger, more stable connection, and automatic updates
- 2-In-1 Convertible Chromebook: providing the convenience of a laptop and the mobility of a tablet, 2-in-1 laptop Tablets are the best of both worlds. The 360° Design is practical for work or entertainment
- Touchscreen capabilities: drag and click with the swipe or tap of your fingers with this touchscreen tablet laptop. Watch movies and videos with a wider view due to the 2-in-1 Chromebooks narrow bezel
- Incredible portability: take your flip laptop wherever you go. Its sleek design, Lightweight, and seamless Google service offer accessibility at any location
- Innovative DESIGN: this slim laptop includes a backlit keyboard, numeric keypad, and 720P camera
4. Acer 715 15.6-inch Chromebook Intel Core i3 or Pentium – Best for Premium Look
Acer’s flagship Chromebook, the Acer 715 with 15.6-inch Full HD display is available with either Intel Core i3-8130U dual-core processor or the dual-core Intel Pentium Gold 4417U. You can find the performance comparison between the two processors on notebookcheck.net.
Now, the Acer 715 may not come with a touchscreen, but it has all the hallmarks of a premium device with up to 12 hours of battery life to boot. The laptop weighs 1.8kg and comes with a durable aluminum case that complies with military-grade durability MIL-STD 810G.
The entire package is no more than 18mm thin, 17.8mm to be precise making it great for portability even with a big 15.6-inch display.
- Protection: Provides protection even during power outages
- Nuisance Alarms: Hush feature temporarily Silences nuisance alarms
- Combined Alarm: Combined carbon Monoxide and smoke alarm
5. HP 15 Chromebook 15.6-inch Intel Core i3 or Intel Pentium – Best for Touchscreen
Just like the ASUS C523 b, the HP 15 Chromebook comes with touchscreen support but is available with a choice of faster processors; the Intel Core i3-8130u or the Intel Pentium Gold 4417U. Both come with 4GB RAM memory but the Pentium model has only half the storage at 64GB eMMC while the Core i3 model comes with a whopping 128GB eMMC.
The biggest storage among the Chromebooks in our list. Even with the touchscreen, the laptop only measures 18mm thin and weighs in at 1.8kg.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U 2.2GHz up to 3.4GHz.
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen (1920 x 1080), Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (onboard), and 128GB eMMC Internal Storage.
- Keyboard: Full-size island-style cloud blue-backlit keyboard with numeric keypad. USB-C Power Adapter.
- Intel Wireless-AC 802.11b/g/n/ac (2×2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo. No HDMI. No DVD Drive.
Whether you’re a Facebook addict or you just need a machine for checking email and working in Google apps, Chromebooks are easy to use, convenient to take on the go, and inexpensive.
Chromebooks come with different screen sizes from 11.6-inch to the more common 14-inch up to the big 15.6-inch. Not so much for portability but perfect for useability are the big Chromebooks with a 15.6-inch display.
We have reviewed 5 of the best 15 inch Chromebooks available in the market right now I hope my review for 15 inch Chromebooks makes it easy for you to decide what is better for you to buy.