Cube introduced a new model, the Cube Mix Plus Tablet PC. The company is quite popular among Chinese retailers but has not yet made a mark outside. The device comes with a detachable keyboard, which allows being used both as a laptop and as a tablet. The device looks the same as its predecessor Cube i7 book 2 in 1 tablet PC. Visually, it has the same ports, design, and even display. The company made no effort to change the style, look, and feel of the device; instead, it entirely focused on getting the best hardware and software at this budget range. Cube Mix Plus Review Tablet is priced at $343.99.
The device is one of the best in this budget price sector. Although the Company has not made it globally and sold its device only in China, you can get the device from online retailers like the Gearbest website. The Device comes with a detachable screen, which can be used both as a laptop as well as a tablet. All the hardware is located on the screen of the device to support the tablet mode.
One of the highlighted features is that this Cube Mix Plus Review device comes with a Wacom Stylus by which you can draw or write on the screen. Other than that, you can also use your finger to navigate on the screen. The stylus does not need any battery. The tip acts as the pen or pencil tip and the rear as the eraser.
The Cube Mix Plus tablet looks almost similar to the Cube i7 Book tablet. Even the design has been not changed. The ports and all the connectivity are located on the same side as that of the latter. The device comes in white color with a silver frame. The corner is rounded to get a nice impression. The bezel is a bit longer, which looks like an outdated laptop. The tablet without the keyboard is quite heavy, it comes with a weight of close to 700 grams, but it helps to balance when the keyboard is added. At the back, the company’s name comes in Chinese, which proves that the company has not reached to produce globally. Overall, the build quality is excellent and has been made sturdy.
- Processor: Intel Core m3-7Y302 x 1 – 2.6 GHz, Kaby Lake
- Graphics adapter: Intel HD Graphics 615
- Memory: 4096 MB
- Display: 60 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 208 PPI, FHD, glossy: yes
- Storage: 128 GB SSD
- Connections: 1 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1
- Networking: 11a/b/g/n (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4), Bluetooth 4.0
- Size: height x width x depth (in mm): 10 x 273 x 172 ( = 0.39 x 10.75 x 6.77 in)
- Battery: 4300 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Operating System (OS)
The 2 in 1 tablet comes with the latest Windows 10 operating system. The device offers a unique experience with the latest Windows OS, which has excellent battery management and faster booting time.
- It comes with the latest Windows 10 OS 64-bit
- The Windows 10 OS is the home edition.
- The OS is quite fast while booting, and it has inbuilt battery management software installed to control the battery use and prolong the time of usage.
- It comes with many pre-installed languages. So, you do not have to worry about the language; just select the language you want and start using it with the laptop.
The Cube Mix 2 in 1 tablet comes with a 7.4 V / 4300 mAh Li-ion polymer battery.
- The battery is non-removable.
- The 4300 mAh power lasted for 4 hours of continuous video playing on full recharge.
- For regular use, it can be extended close to 5 hours or more depending on the usage.
Available as a separate purchase, the Cube CDK09 keyboard converts the Cube Mix Plus tablet into a full-blown laptop.
- The keyboard also includes two full-sized USB ports.
- The tablet can be docked on the keyboard in either direction to offer both the laptop mode as well as the presentation mode.
- The full-featured keyboard is fantastic and nicely done.
- It offers nice travel while typing and the trackpad are decent enough too.
- If you’re not used to small keyboards, you might take a while to adjust to the cramped interface, but it’s very functional and one of the better ones out there.
The Cube Mix 2 in 1 tablet comes with 10.6- inch display screen, which is the best for everyday life.
- The device house a 10.6- inch display, which is the best comparing its price tag.
- The screen comes with a Full HD display with a resolution of 1920×1080
- The screen is an IPS display that will ensure that you view a crisp display.
- The Screen has tested to have a 10-point
- The device also comes with a Wacom stylus pen with 1024 level pressure. The pressure-sensitive supports multiple painting techniques and an easy writing experience.
As this Cube Mix Plus Review laptop is two in one, it comes with two cameras. One is at the rear, and the other is front-facing.
- The Rear camera comes with a 5.0 MP with autofocus
- The front-facing camera has 2.0 MP. It is very useful as a web camera when using video chatting like in Skype
The highlight of Cube Mix Plus is inking support which has also gained prominence amongst developers and users alike with Microsoft’s efforts in the direction. The tablet offers excellent palm rejection, and therefore, the inking experience is very seamless and natural.
- The Wacom stylus doesn’t require a battery, which is useful and works quite well.
- It sports a button on the side that can be configured for any operation (I use it to fire the Windows Ink Workspace) and an eraser tip on the butt.
The tablet pc also houses a lot of ports. Below we list all the ports as well as connectivity that is supported by the device.
As the device can be used as a tablet, so all the ports are attached to the sides of the screen
- It comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack which supports both Audio as well as a microphone
- Comes with a TF card slot to expand the memory
- Type C USB port for charging as well as connecting external devices for faster data as well as the video transfer
- It also has a USB 3.0 port to connect to the thumb drive
- A DC jack for charging the device
- On the right side, you get a dual inbuilt speaker
- On the top, you have the power button and the volume up and down button.
Other than the ports, you can also connect with wireless connections.
- The device supports Bluetooth 4.0.
- Connect Bluetooth with other phones or devices to transfer data.
- The Device also has a Wi-Fi connection.
- The Wi-Fi is compatible with IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless internet.
- As there is no LAN connection, you have to depend on the Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet.
- For Wi-Fi, you must have an active internet connection through a Wi-Fi router or hotspot.
To Sum Up
The Mix Plus is the fastest Core M37Y30 tablet tested so far. The design sure isn’t new which means it looks dated now with those big bezels. It’s a shame Cube didn’t update the design.
Maybe this is why it’s the cheapest Core M3-7Y30 tablet on the market because the design is simply revised and production costs are saved, With Mix Plus you also have one of the best pen experiences, the WACOM pen is accurate and fast. Once you’ve set Windows 10 to ignore touches when the pen is recognized, it’s even better.. Palm rejection works fine.