Looking for the best motherboard for i5 4690k? The motherboard is the main component of any desktop PC. It must have a sufficient number of ports so that the user can install a powerful graphics card, plenty of RAM, and multiple drives. Also, don’t forget that there are various peripheral devices that need to be connected. The best motherboards of 2021 are listed in our ranking.
A motherboard plays a vital role in connecting all of the computer components and ultimately serves as the means of communication between them. Therefore, it is very important to choose a model wisely. Since there are multiple options in the market, you may be confused about how to find the best model that will suit your needs.
With the perfect motherboard, you will get the perfect user experience and increase the device’s performance. In this article, we’ve discussed some of the most popular motherboards on the market. Having an updated motherboard onboard means not only can you get faster processing, but you can also get great value for money. Hopefully, by now you know the key features of a great motherboard that will help you buy a reliable model that will suit your needs.
A complimentary motherboard helps you pull everything in your PC together and fulfill your needs as they grow. In this article, we have laid down the review of our top-picked motherboards for i5 4690k currently trending in the market.
Our Top Picks
The i5 4690k is arguably the most popular and budget-oriented CPU for gaming enthusiasts that Intel has offered to date. The combination of this multipurpose CPU with the best motherboard helps you get the most out of your Intel Core i5 4690k.
Following are my top picks of best motherboard for i54690k.
|Asus ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 (10Gb/s) Motherboards (Z97-A)||Buy On Amazon|
|ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard Q87T/CSM||Buy On Amazon|
|MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87-G45 GAMING||Buy On Amazon|
|ASRock ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 EXTREME6||Buy On Amazon|
1. Asus ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 (10Gb/s) Motherboards (Z97-A)
ASUS offers a tight competition to MSI when it comes to motherboards these days and this competition was there in older motherboards as well. Surely, there were fewer motherboard series by ASUS for 4th-generation Intel processors but there were still enough of them to fulfill the needs of budget users and enthusiasts both.
ASUS Z97-A is a fantastic motherboard by the company that provides modern looks and offers high-end overclocking features as well. The motherboard has a black color theme and the VRM heatsinks are golden in color. The circular chipset heatsink feels really unique and the shiny texture gives a premium feel. This motherboard still does not come with RGB lighting but other than that you won’t be able to tell if it is an old motherboard.
ASUS Z97-A is a top-notch motherboard that is based on the Z97 chipset and if you want high-end features and are willing to spend a little extra, you won’t be disappointed in this motherboard. The looks of the motherboard are better than most other Z97 chipset motherboards, although they are still incomparable to the likes of ASUS Maximus series motherboards.
- Chipset And DIMM Slots: The motherboard uses the Z97 chipset and it provides four DIMM slots just like the previous two motherboards.
- Memory: The maximum memory capacity of the motherboard is similar to the previous motherboards as well, at 32 GB but the memory clock support is a tad bit better. It supports up to 3200 MHz memory with overclocking, which is similar to the mid-range motherboards of these times.
- PCL Slots: The slot options of the motherboard are quite versatile. It offers three PCI-E X16 slots that support NVIDIA Quad SLI as well, two legacy PCI slots, and two PCI-E X1 slots.
- 8 Phase VRM: The VRM of the motherboard is no doubt better than most of the other Z97 chipset motherboards, as the company has used an 8-phase VRM in this motherboard.
- Input / Output: The I/O of the motherboard offers 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port, 1 x DVI-D, 1 x D-Sub, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN (RJ45) port, 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (blue), 2 x USB 2.0 ports, and 1 x Optical S/PDIF out.
- 2 SATA Express: Overall, the Asus ATX DDR3 2600 LGA is a great mid-range offering for a motherboard for i5 4690k. It includes some great features, including both the M.2 and SATA Express, helping to make it a good investment.
2. ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard Q87T/CSM
If you are looking for a mini motherboard for i5 4690k, then the ASUS Mini ITX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard Q87T/CSM is a fantastic option. It was designed to be a friendlier and easier motherboard than most others, making it a good choice for beginners.
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) in Windows 8. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device’s transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to already fast USB 3.0 performance. ASUS software automatically accelerates data rates for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without any user interaction.
This motherboard supports Intel® 4th generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors in the LGA1150 package, with iGPU, memory, and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory, and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
This provides great graphics performance. Intel® 4th generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors are among the most powerful and energy-efficient CPUs in the world.
Even though this is a smaller board, it comes with a full set of features that some other motherboards for i5 4690k don’t even have. If you have a smaller case, this is a no-brainer.
- Restore DATA: The crash-free BIOS 3 allows users to restore their corrupted BIOS data, which can help with problem-solving.
- Perform Different Tasks: The different modes can also help those who need to use their computer for different tasks, such as working, gaming, and content creation.
- Al Suite 3: It also comes with the AI Suite 3, which gives users access to all that ASUS has to offer.
- Cooling System: The cooling system is quite good, keeping the motherboard quiet.
- Smaller And Easier To Use: Overall, this unit has a lot to offer users who want something smaller and easier to use. It has some great features and even better controls.
- Awareness: There are a few things that you need to be aware of as well: namely, some users report crashing after prolonged use. This has brought up some questions about durability.
- Amiable And Straightforward: It was intended to be a more amiable and more straightforward motherboard than the rest, making it a good choice for beginners.
3. MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87-G45 GAMING
The MSI Z87 G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard is considered a high-end motherboard for most people and some even consider it the best LGA 1150 motherboard, although that’s arguable, it suits competitive gamers just perfectly due to its high-quality sound card which proves to be a very valuable asset in competitive games.
The MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard features the 1150 socket, while not being the latest socket released, it is still the most money efficient socket available until 1151 becomes a bit cheaper, which won’t happen for a while, featuring this socket means that you’ll be able to use a wide variety of processors with this motherboard so your choices will not be limited.
It also allows the user to insert up to 4 RAM Sticks, with a total limit of 32Gb DDR3 Exclusive RAM, although it doesn’t support the newest architecture DDR4, it was already expected to begin with since it’s not an 1151 socket motherboard, the limit of 4 sticks and 32Gb is far more than you’ll most likely ever need for gaming and even for other tasks, there’s hardly anyone who even goes above 16Gb let alone 32Gb.
Regarding one of the most important factors, if not the most important, the soundcard is very high quality as expected from this motherboard, it had to be, or else there would be no point advertising it as a gaming motherboard although the “gaming” part is more of a marketing sales pitch than anything else.
- Modern Design: The design of the motherboard feels modern despite being more than eight years old. In fact, it still provides better looks than most of the mid-range motherboards these days.
- Large Dragon Logo: At the chipset heatsink, you can find the large Dragon logo, red in color while the VRM heatsinks have a red accent in them too.
- RGB Lighting: Unfortunately, this motherboard does not provide RGB lighting natively, which is why you will have to install an after-market RGB lighting kit if you want to have RGB lighting in the case.
- Chipset Z87 – G46: As the name of the motherboard suggests, this motherboard is based on the Z87 chipset. It hosts an LGA-1150 socket and comes with four DIMM slots.
- Seven PCL-E Slots: Since the motherboard does not support native M.2 slots, it comes with seven PCI-E slots, which is just astonishing.
- SATA Slots: As for the SATA slots, there are six SATA III slots on the motherboard.
- Input / Output: The I/O of the motherboard is quite similar to the other motherboard of that time, providing 6 x 3.5 mm audio jacks, 4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A USB ports, a Gigabit LAN port, an HDMI port, a VGA port, a dual-link DVI-D port, a PS/2 port, an additional audio jack for a headphone, a S/PDIF port, and a BIOS button.
4. ASRock ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 EXTREME6
ASRock is one of those names that always means innovation in their motherboards, and the Z97 EXTREME6 is no different. This is a great option with some amazing performance. You will have to make a few tough choices with it, however.
The Z97 Extreme6 has one big selling point, the Ultra M.2 port, which has a PCIe 3.0 x4 bandwidth direct from the CPU. This helps with faster speeds and helps to future-proof this motherboard. It also has plenty of other port options, making this one of the most versatile boards on the list. For gamers who need something that is going to keep latency down, this is a great choice. It does so without using a ton of power, but it still is a bit higher than some other options. If you have plenty of power available, then it really isn’t something to worry about.
Overclocking is great, but you will have to pay attention to the temperature. I would suggest getting a good cooling system if this is going to be your choice. All of the technology on this motherboard is fairly standard: you will get good, not great performance. They could have added a few more things to make it more appealing.
At a price like this, you cannot expect performance like some of the others on this list. There is a lack of a PCIe M.2 drive (either x2 or x4), which can impact some people.
- Ultra M.2 Port: The most significant selling point of the Z97 Extreme6 is the Ultra M.2 port, which has a PCIe 3.0×4 bandwidth direct from the CPU, ensuring faster speeds and future-proofs this mobo.
- Versatile Motherboard: It also has plenty of ports, making it one of the most versatile boards on the market.
- Reduces Network Latency: The Z97 EXTREME6 is superb for gaming enthusiasts who need a motherboard that can reduce network latency. It manages to reduce the latency without using a lot of power, even if it still uses quite a bit.
- Overclocking: It has excellent overclocking options, but be aware of the temperatures because it can get scorching.
- Performance: The technology on the Z97 EXTREME6 is pretty standard, and you are provided with a good, not great, performance.
To Sum Up
That concludes our review of some of the most popular motherboards available on the market. Having an updated motherboard onboard means not only you can get faster processing, but you can also get great value for money.
All motherboards that I have reviewed above are great motherboard and hopefully this review will allow you to purchase a reliable model that will suit your needs.
1 thought on “The 4 Best Motherboards For i5 4690k Reviews In 2021 – [Our Top Picks]”
federal government news https://www.fmohconnect.gov.ng/health_system.html